It’s always sad to see companies guilty of labor law violations, for one because workers rights are so important and two because the violations can be easily avoided.
Ruby Tuesday Investigation
The Attorney General’s Fair Labor Division launched an investigation of Ruby Tuesday’s labor law practices. Ruby Tuesday was found out of compliance with both the length of shifts of school aged teenagers as well as meal breaks for employees working more than 6 hours.
Ruby Tuesday was found guilty of these violations and will have to pay a $33,000 penalty for meal break law violations, plus an additional $125,000 for the child labor violations.
2012 brings new Labor Law Posters and we’re selling them! Businesses may also need to post the new Federal NLRA notice. Contact us if you would like to order the updated posters.
Many mandatory State changes have occurred for the 2012 year:
- 2012 Minimum Wage Changes: Arizona, Colorado , Florida, Montana, Ohio, Oregon, and Vermont
- New Jersey – Updated and added a new Record keeping Requirement Poster
- Connecticut – is mandating a new Paid Sick Leave Poster available within a week.
- California – Updated its Notice A, Notice B, and Discrimination Poster
- Louisiana – Earned Income Tax Credit, but the poster isn’t ready yet.
- Nevada – Discrimination Notice
- Oklahoma – Workers’ Compensation
Did you know that State and Federal laws require employers to posts all existing labor laws in an area that is frequented by employees?
We are pleased to be able to sell a complete solution for the compliance needs of businesses nationwide (US customers only). Customers can now purchase one “Complete Labor Law Poster” that includes all of the most current state and federally required posters. The Complete Labor Law Poster is offered in both English and Spanish for all states and territories.