Home Business ManagementMarketing How People Use Timesheets.com

How People Use Timesheets.com

by Joel Slatis

Contributed by Joel Slatis

On any given day, many thousands of people, all around the world use Timesheets.com to record their work time. It’s happening somewhere in the world right now, even as you’re reading this. Google records all that usage in a big database where we can later analyze the data.

A bunch of us in the Timesheets.com office love data and looking at dorky graphs and charts. This time, we thought it would be fun to share some of them with you as well. We looked at data from the last 2 million (or so) visits, sorted by location and software. Here’s a few of the stats from our little piece of the electronic world:

Where People Log In

After over a decade of business, Timesheets.com has left it’s footprint on much of the US. Most notably in the cities of Los Angeles, New York, and Houston. Those are the three places where you’re most likely to find someone recording their work time on Timesheets.com. The top city, Los Angeles, has under 4% of Timesheets.com users.


Meanwhile, 92.5% comes from the US overall, with a 7. 5% international user base. Canada, the United Kingdom, and India lead the charge after the US.


Operating Systems and Browsers People Use

Here’s an interesting fact: Chrome has not only taken over the browser market for Timesheets.com customers, but it has done so with authority. It sees nearly 52% market share, compared with Internet Explorer, which comes in at just under 21% and Edge with under 3%.


In the mobile world, most Timesheets.com users are iPhone lovers with a whopping 53% of the market. That’s impressive when you consider that’s just a single brand in a crowded market. The remaining 47% is divvied up between Android and others. Android pulled just over 42%, in case you’re interested. Personally, I loved that SOMEONE out there is visiting our site from their Playstation Vita and Peggy is stunned that anybody actually still uses a Blackberry.


In the operating systems world, Windows is still the standard bearer with 65% of the market. Interestingly Mac has fallen prey to its own offspring. Mac accounts for under 10% of the ecosystem, but iOS has over 13% market share for a combined 23% for Apple.

A windows computer is still the overall device of choice for using our service. Over 900,000 of the 2 million visits were on windows PCs compared to 190,000 iOS visits, the nearest competitor. Still, that’s a dramatic shift from a scant decade ago when the number of iOS users was still zero. Also of note, Google’s Chrome OS was a total market flop capturing a mere third of a point.


Don’t you just love seeing data like this? It’s always interesting to see how other people use the software and devices that you use. For us, this data can be useful for customer service and marketing. The more we know about the people that use our software, the better we can help them use it and discover it. Where do you fit within this data?

You may also like

Leave a Comment